You would have many solutions for this problem, which are
- Change period for paying premium to 3 months or 6 months.
- Pay premium by using the return money from policy.
- Loan out some money or whole amount of cash value from policy for paying premium.
- Cut out some rider contacts to reduce the amount of premium.
- Reduce sum assured to reduce premium that you have to pay (Reducing sum assured will affect to coverage).
- Change policy's type to reflect your capability to payment.
When you have the financial problem, please do not leave your policy. It is not a good solution to leave the policy because it will stop to cover your life immediately. You will lose some money. Moreover, in the future, you may need a new policy, you will get higher premium due to your age. If you are not in a good health, perhaps, you may get denied to buy health insurance.