While you are dealing with us, your personal data has been collected, used, disclosed and processed by us by
fair and lawful means to the extent necessary for the specific purposes as follows.
- Performing our obligations under the insurance policy we currently
have with you;
- Identifying and providing you with information about services or
products that may benefit you or may be of interest to you;
- Marketing or informing you of the following classes of services and
products offered by FWD or our FWD Group, affiliated entities, business partners and/or third party
- insurance services and products;
- financial services and products;
- selling, cross selling or upselling of services and
- reward, promotion, campaign, loyalty or privilege programmes
and related services or products; and
- donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit
- Analysing and conducting data analytics, surveys and feedbacks to
develop, build and implement our business models, products, services and systems which help us to
provide high standard services or enhance the benefits to you;
- Performing policy review and needs analysis; and
- Arranging meetings, training or activities for our customers.
Your personal data we collect, use and disclose
While you are dealing with us, your following personal data has already been collected, used, disclosed and
processed by us.
In addition, we may also collect and hold your sensitive data such as:
- Details about you, such as name, surname, gender, date of birth, educational background, occupation,
marital status and nationality.
- Contact details, such as your name, home address, email address, phone number and social media
- Identification and authentication details, such as identification card number, passport number, driving
license number, photo and CCTV footage.
- Financial details, such as your payments, credit card numbers and bank account details.
- Results of any credit or background checks we have made on you.
- Insurance claim information, where this is relevant.
- Your employment information and salary.
- The names and addresses of your dependents or beneficiaries.
- Information about how you use our website, apps or other technology, including IP addresses and device
- Other information that you give us.
- health or medical information;
- racial or ethnic origin;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- membership of political, professional or trade
- criminal records;
- religious or philosophical beliefs;
- genetic data; and
- biometric data.
Disclosure to third parties
Your personal data will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed to any third parties unless we have
the express consent from you or we have lawful grounds to do so.
Subject to the provisions of any applicable law and your consent, in order to operate our business smoothly,
we may disclose your personal data to our FWD Group, affiliated entities and business partners and/or third
party entities in Thailand or overseas to enable them to tell you about a product or service and store,
maintain and manage your personal data. Please refer to the list of FWD Group, affiliated entities and
business partners and/or third party entities here [https://www.fwd.co.th/en/third-parties].
We will not keep your personal data, in any case, longer than that is necessary for the purposes for which
that personal data was collected, held and processed, except where the retention period is determined by
other laws and regulations, which in many cases is up to 11 years after the end of our relationship with
We undertake that the personal data will be retained in a secure location, accessible only to authorised
persons and will destroy it immediately once the retention period has elapsed.
Your rights regarding the data under the PDPA
You have rights to your privacy regarding the given personal data according to the PDPA.
Importantly, if you change your mind about how you would like us to contact you or if you no longer wish to
receive information for the direct marketing, you can tell us anytime by following our withdrawal process.
If you withdraw your consent, we will not be able to directly provide you with the information, products or
services, except those related to core insurance business, you may need or may be interested in.
For further information or to exercise any of your rights, please contact:
Name: Data Protection Officer
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
14th Floor, 16th Floor, 26th - 29th Floor, 130-132 Sindhorn Building Tower 3,
Withayu Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330